“Implementing quality management for better education”
GRU-09-GRAT-9-IS, 16-21 nov. 2009
International Workshop funded by European Commission
Project made by: Sandulescu Smaranda, prep.univ.drd. Teodora Ruginosu, prof. drd. Angela Sava, prof. drd. Doina Helene Partenie
- to promote European co-operation in the field of quality management in education and disseminating information about quality management in education in target countries;
- to improve knowledge with regard to quality management in education by discovering the situation in target countries, allowing the creation of networks among adults and increasing their chances to play a more active role and to work for the development of better education in their societies;
- to identify the causes and the solutions to failure in education, school dropping and various educational challenges in the European countries;
- People who are or aren’t involved in formal education and would like to learn more about quality in education through non-formal learning methods and exchanges of experiences;
Statistical Data :
At the Workshop participated 11 persons with ages between 25 and 52 years old, 4 women and 7 men, from Bulgaria; Estonia; Germany; Grecia; Italia; Romania; Spain; Turkey; UK
-Than Htut, UK;
-Sezgin Ersoy, Turkey;
-Kerem Sahin, Turkey;
-Klaus Waiditshka, Germany;
-Eeva Kilk, Estonia;
-Milagros Soto Pino, Spain;
-Adrian Medeleanu, Romania.
-Vassiliki Gouma, Greece;
-Ali Ozgur, Turkey;
-Vesselina Petkova, Bulgaria;
-Enrico Da Via, Italy;
Working Themes :
- What does quality in education mean
- Risks and consequences of lack of education
- Strategies of European collaboration for promoting quality in education.
- Strategies to motivate adults into Lifelong learning
- Funding programs for education
Angela Sava – external evaluator ARACIP, Auditor in the field of quality;
Teodora Ruginosu - NGO Formare Studia;
Smaranda Săndulescu - NGO Formare Studia;
Doina Partenie - NGO Formare Studia;
Doina Platon - General Director S.C. EUROFIN PROIECT S.R.L.
Other activities organized for the participants
1. International Conference – QUALITY IN EDUCATION
EUROED and AFS
Partners: Iasi County School Inspectorate and Iasi Teacher Training Centre
Place: Iasi Teacher Training Centre
Mrs. Liliana Romaniuc – Chief Inspector, Iasi County School Inspectorate
Mrs. Lidia Andronache – Director, Iasi Teacher Training Centre
Mrs. Alina Săndulescu – Representative of Iasi County Prefecture
Participants: high school teachers, adult trainers, international project coordinators, high school students – reprezentatives from AELVA (Students NGO from „Vasile Alecsandri” High School Iaşi). In total were present 116 persons.
2. Visit at National College of Art „Octav Băncilă”, Iaşi.
The Participants had the opportunity to see the exposed work of pupils from Arhitecture and Design Specialty. They also watched the show “Romanian - Dance and Music” performed by pupils from Music and Choreography Specialty.
3. Visit at EuroEd Foundation / EuroEd School – good practice example in implementing quality management.
4. A walk through Iasi city center: The participants had the opportunity to visit the historical center of the town, the University Al. I. Cuza, Roznovanu Palace, Trei Ierarhi Monastery, Cetăţuia Monastery, Galata Monastery.
Realized materials: Guide for implementing quality management in educational organizations
1. “Non formal education”- activity organized in 29 January 2010, at „Vasile Alecsandri” High School Iasi in collaboration with Students Association - AELVA
Participants: pupils and teachers from „Vasile Alecsandri” High School Iasi
- 12:00 – 12:25 dissemination of international workshop Implementing Quality Management for Better Education, GRU-09-GRAT-9-IS, organized by NGO FORMARE STUDIA – in Iasi, between 16-21.11.2009, with the financial support of European commission through Lifelong Learning Programme.
Presents: prof. Angela Sava
- 12:25-12:50 dissemination of international workshop Interreligiösität versus Interkulturalität - Bedeutung und Auswirkung für die Erwachsenenbildung sowie die soziale und seelsorgliche Praxis in Europa, organized by Diözesan-Caritasverband für das Erzbistum Köln, in Köln , between 30.11.2009 – 4.12.2009, with the financial support of European commission through Lifelong Learning Programme.
Presents: prof. Petronela Rubel
- 12:50 - 13:00 break
- 13:00 - 15:00 interactive activity
2. International Conference “Quality in formal and informal education”, Iasi - Romania, 30 april -1 may 2010